Tuesday, December 12, 2006

All things Spanish

It was obvious that I would soon get influenced by the Spanish dialect and music. Pavarotti was becoming "widely" successful, partnering with Jose Carreras and Placido Domingo to form the Three Tenors.

There were two songs in particular that were vastly popular going in the early 90s,
and they were:

  • La Bamba
  • Lambada

These songs bring back beautiful memories of Spain, and the music is typical of the island. Its got a very Brazilian touch to it, with lot of Spanish attitude. You just gotta try it. Makes you wanna move!

After school I would run home to watch my two all time favourite cartoon shows:

  • Caballeros del zodiaco( The Zodiac Warriors)















  • Oliver y Benji(a football cartoon)















I was so fixed on these cartoons, watching them with immense interest, while my mom would feed me beetroot rice.

The Intro soundtracks on these cartoons are amazing. Just like in He-Man, I would stand right in front of the tele, and scream along with the songs. Man, I miss those cartoons.

Speaking of cartoons, My Dad, Sis and I would sit together and watch Looney toons. We would watch it all day long if it were possible. To this day, when we are together we end up watching it. A lot of our collective characteristics are based on many characters from Looney toons- My Dad bearing great resemblence to Coyote. There is this one song called La Cucaracha(comes in many cartoons- mostly in Speedy Gonzales).

This is a weird version of the song with funky beats and changed lyrics, but do try the original

1 comment:

lats said...

Granny also sang another often 'don't worry be happy'